Friday, February 11, 2011

Week 4 Assignments

   The assignments that were due for grading on February 13, 2011  and February 14, 2011  are A4, A5, and under the cloud Share the Analysis Table Here. Assignment 4: Science-in -the- News Article is due Sunday February 13, 2011. For A4, you have to find an article and write a report by answering a few questions posted under assignment four but then Dr. Smirnova added a assignment sheet to answer instead about the article but I already did the article report. Assignment 5 : Science Education Research Journals is due Monday February 14, 2011. For A5, you have to find an article for each of the journals listed and explain why you made your selection and how you would use this area of research in your teaching practice. The cloud assignment: Share the Analysis Table Here is due Sunday February 13, 2011. This activity involved looking through three magazines Discovery, Smithsonian, and Popular Science. You look through these magazines for ads and tell whether unisex, male, female, scientists of the article or in the different articles and tell whether they are male, female, and what ethnic do they have, and how many authors male or female and do tallies for one issue of each magazine. The balloon activity is also due. The Share the Analysis Table Here was a group project. This is what is due this weekend and Monday. Interview of Scientist is due Wednesday February 16, 2011. 


I like assignment four. I think that it really enagages the students in finding an article and answering questions about that article. Students can find an article related to science and answer the questions about their finds and then share something that they have learned with the class. I do not like assignment five or the share the analysis table to do as an assignment with my class. The balloon activity is a great activity to do with my students. I think that the students in my class would enjoy doing balloon activity and I can start this activity as a demonstration and then got the class involved by working in small groups and making a hypothesis and doing an experiment on their own with no assistance from me the teacher. If the students have a question I will be there to guide them. I think that the students should instead of doing an interview of a scientist  research and pick a scientist and do a report about this scientist. I think that the report of the scientist would be a great idea and let the students in my class learn about someone and use technology to help the students do that. These are the assignments I like and don't like and the assignments I would use in my classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment