Saturday, February 5, 2011

Week 1 Assignments

   The assignments for Week 1 were due by January 23, 2011. These assignments are TF assignment and the Grade Four Test. The TF assignment included submitting a Learning Contract and a Questionarie called Science Teacher Profile. I enjoyed writing up the Learning Contract because it is a contract between me and Dr.Smirnova about what I am going to strive for to do well in the course. The Questionarie had some very interesting questions and I had fun answering those questions. The Grade 4 Test was very interesting. It really required me to go back into the archives of my brain to answer some of the questions.  The test incorporated all types of science. I answered all the questions there were 40 questions in total on the test. There are 30 multiple choice answers and 10 short answer questions. I enjoyed the multiple choice questions more because it gives more of a chance that the answer to the question will be there. I also like the short answer questions because there can sometimes be more than one correct answer to the question and the short answer questions challenge you to think about the answer and how to phrase you response. We (the class) only had to upload the multiple choice answers but I uploaded both the multiple choice and short answer question answers. These were the assignments due by January 23, 2011.

This entry is important to tell as a teacher for a few reasons. As a teacher it is important for students to be told what is due and what days it is due. I would as a teacher give a week by week what is due handed out each Monday. This weekly assignment sheet will be handed out Monday and will tell all the assignments that are due for that week from Monday to Friday. 




I think that it is a great idea on the first day or first week of a new school year to have the students fill out a questionarie that is short about what the students learned in each subject last school year. What the students like about each subject. What is the students favorite subject? What the students know on certain topics? How the student thinks that the student learns best? The students should also make a goal for themselves on the first day of class about how the student think they are going to do each quarter as a sort of learning contract. Some other questionarie questions are what do you want to learn this year? What are your goals of this year? 




I thought that it was good idea to do the Grade 4 test to see how well I know science. It was a great way to assess the my knowledge all types of science. I would recommend future teachers to take state tests in all subjects to see what you know and what students need to know in a certain grade level for these tests. It is important to know the information that you are teaching and to make the lessons based on the information that needs to be known fun and engaging to the students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment