Friday, February 4, 2011

Class 4- January 26, 2011

   Today, our class went on a field trip to the Curtin Memorial Library in Aquinas Hall. We went down to the third floor or the bottom floor. We were in the library from 11:15-12:10 or our class time. While in the library, I set up a gmail account and got to know how to use gmail. We also learned what else Google provides like Google docs. I also set up my blog account by using the program of Blogger. There was a little trouble with aquiring contacts because there were too many people in the class trying to do the contact adding at the same time but it all worked out in the end.  I  got a few contacts for my gmail account like Kira, Dr.Smirnova, and Veronica. We explored the gmail and Google. Then we set up an account on pb works as well. As the class created their pb work account we also had to have module open and had to open Dr. Smirnova's efolio template. Dr. Smirnova guided the class to making a pb work account and what she wanted on each slide. I got to putting my front page, Scientific me, and my science teaching philosophy page. It was a productive class. I learned something new today.


It is important to show the students different types of  technology and ways to communicate. The students already have Smart Board in the classroom so it would be a good idea to have the students learn how to use the Smart Board since I as a teacher will be using the Smart Board.  I would explain to the students and the send a letter home to the students parent/ guardian explaining what Google docs is and that google docs comes from gmail and that the gmail account is free and easy to set up. For older kids like in fifth grade and older I  as the teacher would let the students communicate outside of class with each other through gmail and Google docs. I feel like it would be a great way for students to communicate with each other and this can be set as a private setting and students just have to share the document with the students in their group. This is a great way for students to use technology outside of the classroom. Google docs is a great source to use for group projects and helps students to share their ideas with others. As a teacher I would use Smart Board in my classroom and also try to allow my students to use Google docs. These are great ways for technology and communication with other people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment