Sunday, February 6, 2011

Nature Observation- February 6, 2011

Today's nature observation comes from my own hometown of Albertson, NY. I am enjoying being home. I do notice that the two trees in the front of my house are very different.  One of the two trees has orange leaves on the branches while the other one has no leaves on its branches so it is bare.                 


Another observation, I noticed that there is a lot of snow still on the ground. It does not seem that the snow wants to go away at all. The snow is not melting as quickly because the sun has not been out lately and even if the sun is out the weather has been cold like mostly below freezing and sometimes it is above freezing which helps to melt the snow. So we need more days above freezing for the snow to melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment