Saturday, February 5, 2011

How People Learn: Take A Guess -January 31, 2011 part of class lesson




How People Learn 
 
Take a guess:

Percentage of what we learn which is retained in memory:

When we read:                                                                   __55_____ %

When we hear:                                                                   ___50____%

When we see:                                                                     ___60____%

When we see & hear:                                                        ____70___%

When we discuss:                                                              ____50___%

When do things                                                                 ___75____%

When we teach others                                                      ___90____%



My percentages for each are in pink.  I thought that people learn by reading 55 percent. I thought that people learn visually 60. I thought that people learn by hearing 50 percent. I thought that people learn both visually and auditory was 70 percent. I thought that people learn through discuss 50 percent. I thought that people learn when doing things was 75 percent. I thought that people learn by teaching other 90 percent. The learn by teaching others is so high in percent is because you are teaching someone but at the same time you are learning that information in a different way and you are retaining that information. While you teach someone else the information you are retaining or remembering the information that you are teaching that person better than when you learned the information the first time by yourself. The percentages represent how I learn as a person. I learn when others teach me. I learn by doing things. I learn through discussions but not as much as when teaching others. I am a very visual learner but I learn best when I see and hear something. I don't really learn the best when reading unless it is out loud so I can hear what I am reading. This is what the percentages mean to me. The percentages for me prove that I learn when I teach others the best. The percentages also tell me that I am a good visual learner. I learn better when I hear and see things but my best learning is when I teach others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment