Saturday, February 5, 2011

DYK- February 5, 2011

Did You Know? 
  •  It takes approximately 12 hours for food to entirely digest.
  • The longest living cells in the body are brain cells which can live an entire lifetime.
These facts are interesting and I would these facts to keep my students interested or as a hook to start the lesson. These two facts can be used when I am teaching about the different systems of the human body.It is good to know these two facts. When I am talking about the digestive system I can include the 12 hours for food to entirely digest in my lesson either at the beginning or in the middle. When I am talking about the nervous system I can include that brain cells are the longest living cells during the lesson. Some of these facts will help students remember the information and can also be used as bonus questions on a test.  As a teacher I would use these facts in my classroom with my students when I am teaching about what the different facts are about. I will tell some of these facts as hooks to get the students involved in the lesson while other facts listed above will just be used as facts throughout the lesson. These facts provide examples and it is important for students to know examples. I think that these facts are cool so I am going to use them in my class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment