Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Name Pantomime - Ice Breaker

How to do this Ice Breaker: 

Each person can pick an animal to go with their name (ex. Jaguar Jennifer) 
                                                   or 
Each person can pick an action-word or adjective to go with their name (ex. Jumping Jennifer or Joyous Jennifer.) 


I would do the animal to go with a name for second grade and up. 
I would do the action-word to go with a name for second and up.
I would do the adjective to go with a name for third or fourth grade and up. 


  There are many ways I could use this in my classroom. I could use this as a way to learn my students names. As a teacher,I would use this  for the first few days to get to know my students names and for my students to get to know each other. It is a great icebreaker for students to learn each other names to help remember their classmate names. If doing the animal that starts with the same letter as your name it is a great way for students to learn about animals. This name pantomime is a great way for students to learn each other names. This is how I would use it in the classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment