Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Jigsaw Puzzle Activity (2)

Jigsaw Puzzle Activity was a blast. It was fun to do the 5 Kingdom of Life activity. Each member of the class was assigned a number and that number gave you your base group. Within your base group we decided on who was going to do the different kingdoms which were assigned before Spring Break.  Over Spring Break, I  worked on a worksheet that I called the Monera worksheet. Over Spring Break, I also found a graphic organizer for my base group to use when I present my kingdom to them. Before presenting to the base group,  all the expert group of each kingdom meet together to discuss about each kingdom. It was nice to hear about each kingdom being presented by the members of my base group. I learned a lot about each kingdom from these base members. While each of my base group member was presenting their kingdoms I would take notes. I think that it is a good idea to take notes to remember what you learn.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SRsg7HH3wQnAxsrqjMBvuD9QNQeB_IjqhlTCxMxJntg/edit?hl=en#

 The first link is for my Monera worksheet that I presented to my basic group.
 https://docs.google.com/document/d/11Ck2x8JYtlqIZJmnqeGBwGo7noQcriXGbpD_TQXRsTI/edit?authkey=CKnBs8cH&hl=en#

This second link is the expert Monera group information/ worksheet.

It is important for students to present both their expert group worksheet and a another worksheet with a graphic organizer to your group. Graph organizers are good tool for teachers to use with students. Graphic organizers are good to use as a review for a test. Graphic organizers are great to use when brainstorming and to use after reading something to go back and jot down some notes. Graphic organizers are also good to use  after being taught something as a way of to remember what was just taught. As a future teacher  I would use graphic organizers in my class because I think that they are a great tool for students to know about and use. Graphic organizers are easy to use and easy to learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment