Sunday, April 17, 2011

Class 29 - April 1, 2011

Today's class started at Bishop Dunn school for fieldwork. The students took a test on chapter 11. We were able sit next to our fifth grade buddy during the test. The test was open-book. We were also able to assist the student if the student had a question about a question on the test. We were also able to explain parts of a question to the student. It was an interesting test about mixtures and solutions.

It was nice to see what a fifth grade test looks like. I think that it was a great idea for the students to have an open-book test. By having an open-book test it creates less pressure of anxiety that some kids get before tests because the student knows if they don't know the answer or are not sure of the answer the student can go look it up in their notebook and there is no panic. Open-book tests can help students feel more comfortable about a test and more ready for the test. Open-book tests are great for students to take and I am a fan of open-book tests. In the future when I am a teacher, I may try to use open-book tests in my class with my students.


No comments:

Post a Comment