Friday, March 11, 2011

Week 7 -Focusing Questions

  Ch. 7 Focusing Questions:
  • What experiences, if any, did you have with planting seeds, indoors or outside? 
When I was little in the second grade my teacher gave us each a seed to plan in a pot of soil. Each morning that we have science our teacher would remind us to take out our journal and go observe how our plant is doing and water our seed.. I also planted a seed when I was in biology class in the tenth grade. For two weeks I watched my seed grow. I have also when I was younger planted seeds in my garden of cucumbers, squash, zucchini, and tomatoes. I would go out and water these seeds in my garden each day. I like to watch the seed grow. 
  • What do you think it means to be “ alive”? 
   It means to be living and breathing. Alive to me means you are living and living life to the fullness. There is living versus nonliving. Living means you eat food, drink water, breath, and move. Nonliving means no breathing, no moving, no food, and no water. Being alive means to live.  
  • What is the point of a class science exploration that takes days or weeks to complete?
   The point of a class science exploration that takes days or weeks to complete is to see change. It is important to see the cycle of life that something goes through. There are phases in life for all organisms both living and nonliving. It is important to give time to let these changes happen.
  • How does working with a partner or small group affect your learningexperience? 
   Working with a partner or small group can affect your learning experience in a few ways. By working in a group you each can collaborate and find a good answer. It also brings forth different opinions and ideas to try.Working in a group or with a partner the other person or persons can check your mistake or think of a thought that you did not think about before. There are advantages and disadvantages to working with others. One disadvantage is that the partner may not pull his or her share of the work. Working with a partner can bring new light to the experiment or show a new way to show the problem or a new way to do the experiment.  
  • What is your reaction when you encounter earthworms? 
  Earthworms are interesting creatures. I am not really to fond of earthworms. If I encounter an earthworm I try to avoid in and don't step on it if possible. I do not want to touch an earthworm or even get near one. 
  • Have you ever handled a worm? what was your reaction?
   I think I might have handled a worm when I was little but I don't remember. I don't remember my reaction either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment